Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

September Fest

Last night I attended September Fest to see Foghat and the fireworks. Both were excellent. I decided to go back to the festival today to check out the handcrafted goods. I saw right away that most of the knitted goods I coud do fairly easily. One vendor had scarves in Eros yard that was circular, which means they were done on double ended needles. I think I will have to experiment with that concept and develop my own pattern.

I spoke with a man who makes beautiful wooden boxs. I asked him how he got into the business and he responded that He used to be an executive for a fortune 500 company near where he lives in Maine. He said he hated the job so much that one day he just quit anf had to go home and tell his wife and children. He learned wood working and carving after he quit his job. He has been working with wood now for 35 years. He said that the trick is to do what you love while remaining out of debt and not expect to get rich. He makes the product during the winter and come spring and summer he and his wife travel to diferent fairs.

``Do what you love and love what you do'' is my new motto.

I have attached a photo of an afghan I made for some friends this past Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment